Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pre-natal Class

Pre-natal class – what is that? I do think a lot of parents asking the same question and does it necessary for parents to attend it?! Most parents thoughts, since they got confinement lady, parent-in-law and parent; so not need to attend pre-natal class or maybe part of the saving cost since having a child involve a lot of cost.

That was what I thought at first, but when I considered all facts I got – I did not hire a confinement lady, not because I could not afford it, it is because of all the bad news I heard about confinement lady made my heart chilled. Both of mine parents and in-law are workings. My hubby & I decided; we did our own confinement. After all, whether you got help or not, in the end, as parent, we bring up our own child.

As a new to-be parent and totally inexperience, first thing came into our mind was pre-natal class. I found out pre-natal class was very helpful either for new to-be parent or again parent-to-be. In that class, I learnt a lot about how-to-swaddled, bath, breast-feed and the art of it, what should and what should not, exercise for vagina for easy birth, back massage by hubby and lots more.

Do you know if you fully breastfeed for at least 4 months exclusively, your chances of getting breast cancer is lower?

If I remembered correctly, I attended this class when I was 29 weeks pregnant. It took 4 weeks to complete the pre-natal class, by then I was 33 weeks. My son decided to make his appearance by 35 weeks. Everything I learnt, still fresh in memory. LOL

It been 2 years now, I cannot remember everything I learnt from pre-natal class but I still know a bit here and there.

If you ask me, will I attend again if I have No. 2 – the answer is YES!!!! If I ever attend again, I will record everything down to complete my “Keit’s Pregnancy & Confinement Journal”. LOL

No comments: