Friday, February 13, 2009

Bitter Gourd


My nanny told me numerous times that in her country; they use bitter gourd juice to get rid of phlegm. She told me to try that on my son since his phlegm still there after several medications.

For the last couple of days, he is really not well due to his severe vomiting, severe diarrhea and fever. Seen doctor twice. Fever gone but he still inactive and make me very worry. Mild vomiting and diarrhea still on. I noticed green color phlegm in each vomit which brings me to tried on this bitter gourd juice.

I blended one bitter gourd without water. I got 2 teaspoons of bitter gourd juice. I fed him. He showed his bitter facial expression. Poor thing.

I asked him "Nice??"
He just stared at me and moves his eyes to the teaspoon.
I asked him "Want some more??".
I gave him another teaspoon. To my surprise, he opened his mouth and took the juice. Then
He said "NICE!!" and smiles away.

I smiled and dropped a kiss on his forehead and said "you're good boy".

He is only 2 years old and I really do not expect he will took that juice but he did.

Really surprised me.

I did web search about it and I found out bitter gourd is cool loosens up the hardened stool, light, bitter and does not cause the formation of the wind. It eliminates excessive wind, excessive bile and the blood impurities.It is beneficial in many diseases like jaundice, emanation of semen through urine and worms in the stomach.

In a separate article, it said oral administration of bitter gourd can relieve stomachache and pain in the eyes, and the external application of bitter gourd can treat pyogenic infections of the skin.

Whether this bitter gourd juice can get rid of phlegm or not? I really not sure but I will hope for the best and cross my finger.

No comments: