Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding sounds simple but not everyone can do it. Some decided not to breastfeed totally. Some got very painful experience with breastfeeding. Some got too much input not to fully breastfeed especially when you got confinement lady. Some did not get enough support or constant inject with discourage words. Some do not have sufficient milk for their little ones. Some do not have milk at all.

Breastfeeding takes a lot of determination, perseverance and tons of patient to succeed. I never said it going to be easy. There are times, while breastfeeding, I tears because it found it so difficult to sustain. I had very little of sleep and my back was ached but I really want to total breastfeed my son. No matter how I hard, I told myself, it will over soon.

Do you know if you fully breastfeed for at least 4 months exclusively, your chances of getting breast cancer is lower?

First key to total breastfeeding is never ever stock any infant formula at home. That was what I did. Totally no infant milk powder at my home as I was determined to total breastfeed my baby for at least 6 months.

During the pre-natal class, the following items engrave itself into my mind:-
  1. Baby must latch on within an hour. This is to inform the breast, start production, baby is out.
  2. Empty your breast properly before switch to another breast.
  3. If your are expressing, do it frequently to ensure the production of milk keep on going.

I will share my story on breastfeeding, so stay tuned!!!

No comments: