Sunday, March 27, 2011

Malt

I remember a friend of mine told me malt is used to stop milk from flowing. I scared myself to death when I found out instant beverages that I am taking are contain malt. Eventually, I started to read the label on all the beverages / food I ate. Apparently malt used in everywhere especially instant beverages / food. I could not believe my eye when I read those label. So I decided to Google it.

“Lactogenic beverages include water, lactation teas , barley water, ginger ale and any imitation coffee containing chicory, dandelion or malt
"Lactogenic beverages include getting enough plain water to hydrate the body, drinking commercial lactation teas, non-alcoholic beer, ginger ale, Rivella, and natural herbal root-beers from your health food store. Check out coffee substitutes based on the lactogenic grain barley, such as CARO, Roma, Caffix, Pero or Dandy Blend. These imitation coffees usually also contain chicory or dandelion, plus malt—ingredients that are all lactogenic."
In the end, I realised I gave myself a big fright without nothing. I can continue my Horlick, Nestiva & Malta drink.

So relieve right now!

No comments: