Wednesday, March 2, 2011

M.O.N.K.E.Y.?!


In an organisation consists of many levels of people, top management, middle management, lower management and bee worker.

An organisation neither survives with only bee workers nor only managers.

I always believe employees are asset for an organisation. They are the one make the company moving forward. Management planned & forecast while bee worker work towards those planned & forecast. Both are working hand-in-hand to achieve the goal.

Some employees feel appreciate and willing to go extra miles for a company and some do not. An organisation should rewards accordingly and does not blind by sweet talker that only how to talk but never get the job done.

Please bear in mind that, if a bee worker can think like you (management) – they will be sitting at your place.

Some people wants balance in life, working it is just part of essential routine to get the bills paid. Not everyone as ambitious as the management, who can neglect family & friends just to climb the corporate leader.

So before you make any stupid conclusion about your bee workers / complaining about their common sense / complaining about their work ability / questioning about their loyalty towards the company, please reflect it to yourself – have you be a good boss / have you guide them properly / have your instruction given clearly / do you respect them? / do you treat them as a human being?

You may say “You must be a bee worker”. Nope, I am in middle management and I am not in level only command my staffs around. I am at the level where I oversee my own department, make sure everything run smoothly in the office and get my hand dirty in all sort of projects.

Over the years, I gained a lot experience, loss a few good staff due to economic / cost-cutting exercises, earned their respects and consistently proof to them & myself. I came across all kinds of human being.
  • Some in category of over step the boundaries.
  • Some in category of demand a high salary but do not want to go extra miles.
  • Some in category of win-win situation.
  • Some in category of war partner.
Despite how capable I am; how well I handle my staffs; how well knowledgeable I am in my line of industry; how much effort I put in – to my ex-boss, I still a MONKEY. How ironic?

No comments: