Wednesday, March 9, 2011

JE's Nanny #1 Day 1

Today is JE first day at nanny place. I was there for 3 hours before leaving for doctor appointment. I found out the following:- 
  • Nanny is down with only one maid (2 runaways)
  • She is currently taken care 6 babies and another 2 more coming within the next 2 months.
  • Using other babies teat to test on a new baby
  • TV is on and the maid was watching it while feeding babies.
  • When JE inside the swing, the eldest toddler sleep under the swing and use her legs to kick JE from the bottom. When I voiced, only the care taker take action.
  • The eldest toddler pokes JE eye.
  • Two fans was on the highest speed.  Some babies belly buttons were exposed.

When I went back to fetch her home @ 5.30pm, I noticed she got bitten mark on the right wrist. 
  • JE bathing time is 4.30pm – I think it is too late to have a first bath.
  • She only taken 6oz of milk from 9 am till 5.30pm. Poor thing, usually she will be taken about 12-15oz
  • She got bitten mark. The eldest toddler bites her. I was wondering where are the care taker when this taken place.
  • She did not smile at me at all regardless how I tried to make her smile.  She just stared at me, really stared!  Hubby said the same, regardless how he tried to make her smile, she just stared at you.

I am seriously thinking she is not capable in handling so many babies at one time, moreover 2 maids’ runaways.  Even though the ratio suppose to be 1:3 (one minder with 3 babies) by law but I do not think they can handle.  Moreover, the current maid is very rough to the babies and look moody as well.

JE is only 5 months old and she is at the same place most of the time as she does not know how to crawl / sit-up / walking, so the bitten mark is totally not acceptable.

I will withdraw JE from this nanny.  Hubby & I feel so guilty right now!

No comments: