Monday, March 14, 2011

Hand-Free Pumping Bra

I want a hand-free pumping bra so much but I could not get it in Malaysia. So, I decided to make one.

My first attempt to imitate Easy Expression. I did make one and it seems to be successful but my Avent double pumps are heavy, therefore it could not hold it properly in place. (see my sewing skill sucks! hehehehe).  It was a fail attempt!

Then, I tried another one using my old bra by just cutting 2 holes.  This one it manages to hold the pumps in place and I can move around but the sponge tends to leave some residue at my pump. I am worried the sponge residue will get into the milk. So 2nd attempt fail again!

Then 3rd attempt, when I saw Pump-Ease pumping bra, looking up & down, high & low for a distributor in Malaysia but failed.  This tube I convert it to hand-free pumping bra.  It can holds the pumps very well and it is tight, unfortunately it press too tight resulting in block ducts.  I need to put extra efforts & time to massage the blocked ducts to clear them.  So, failed again!

I could not stand it anymore, I told myself, I did tried 3 attempts.  So, finally I decided to placed an order at Pump-Ease as they shipped to all countries, moreover in month of February 2011 is a promotion month, buy 1 get 1 free.  So, I grabbed this opportunity.  Then I waited & waited & waited and starting to think my neck was as long as giraffe.  Then it finally arrived in Malaysia.  I was so happy when I get hold of it.  I even tell my hubby, hold your breath, we are going to smell the air of Canada.  LOL!

I ordered "Very Cherry" & Tuxedo patterns.  I likes the "Very Cherry" pattern the most as it is so colorful.  Anyway, the smallest size is slightly bigger for me, so I used a pair of safety pin to adjust it to my size.  Apparently it works.

Why I wanted a pump-bra so much?  This can help me pump more often at work as I can multi-task.  I still can do my work while pumping milk and it does not affect my working hours.  The wonderful things are I can complete 2 jobs at one time. Actually 3 things including talking to my colleague, discuss about projects and etc.

While at home, I can pump milk and feed JE and sometime even change her.

Nice product, Wendy! Thank you.

No comments: