Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Psychologist vs Psychiatrist

Anyway, I been researching about the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?  The short answer is, psychiatrists are medical doctors and psychologists are not. The suffix "-iatry" means "medical treatment," and "-logy" means "science" or "theory." So psychiatry is the medical treatment of the psyche, and psychology is the science of the psyche.

According to Malaysian Psychiatric Association, we have both in Malaysia.

I am also surprised that HELP University College has a Centre For Psychological And Counseling Services and it is open to external clients (individuals, children, couples and families) who wish to seek counseling.
 
I called up to check and these are what I had found out from them:-
1st session : Meet the parents
2nd session: Meet the patient
3rd session: Assessment report
 
But I have yet decide to proceed.

No comments: