Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lactation Cookies Recipe

Hanging out at http://theleakyboob.com/ a lot lately.  Found this lactation cookies very interesting, have not try myself - will do soon once I get hold of the ingredients.

Recipe contributed by Krista, photograph by Kari.


1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
4 tablespoons of water
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
3 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Soak the flaxseed in the water for a few minutes to soften.
Mix dry ingrediants.
Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs, flaxseed and vanilla.
Add to dry ingredients.

Drop on cookie sheet .
Bake 8 – 12 minutes on 375º.
Enjoy.


A note from Krista : Just a quick note: I altered this recipe a bit to give it less sugar and more punch. I took out 1/4 c of both types of sugar for a 1/2 c decrease in sugar. I also doubled both the flax and the brewer's yeast.They didn't taste any different as far as I could tell.

No comments: