Monday, May 25, 2009

Breast Pump

Back in Year 2006, when I was hunting for a breast pump. Not much choice back then for a good breast pump. The only selection I had back then, either Medela Or Avent.
And at last, I brought Medela Swing; an electric breast pump so that I can breastfeed longer.

On one event, when I was back at my mom's house. I only knew, I forgot some parts for my breast pump. I was really upset and I end up brought this Avent Manual Breast Pump.

And after using it, I really fall in love this manual breast pump. YES!!! A MANUAL ONE. Why I love it because I can pump 6oz of milk just in 5 minutes.

Nevertheless, I found Medela Swing at my comfort when I was tired especially after work or multi-tasking @ work (rushing to meet deadlines and pumping at the same time). Crazy me? huh? and you know what, I really did that. It helps the milk flowing. LOL. :)

I had 2 breast pumps and I use them all the time ~ they become my double breast pump. Well, I managed to breast feed my son till 13 months - which I am very proud of, even till now.

I went through a calculation on buying formula milk and invest in a good breast pump. It came out to be the same but if I breast feed longer then it is really long-term cost saving. And the most important, where can you find the best food for your precious baby. There is no way, you can buy breast milk - no matter how much you have and it is the best milk for your baby.

If I have 2nd child, I will invest in a Ameda double breast-pump. I heard they are good. :)

No comments: